Thursday, December 6, 2012

Wheeeeeeeere's Khayla?



Where am I?

The information in this short update is, I promise, more of a surprise to me than it is to you. I still can’t believe it happened… but here goes!… I am writing this entry from Loja,Ecuador, in South America. What’s that? Did I type that right? Am I sure? Heck yes I am!!!

Here I am!
I’ve been offered the opportunity of a lifetime for a new Peace Corps initiative in Ecuador. I applied, and got approved for a transfer. I will now be living here until at least April 2014. I did almost a year and a half in Uganda, and will be doing another year and a half in Ecuador. It’s a gigantic change, to which I’m still adjusting, but it feels right and I’ve yet to have a single doubt about changing countries. I’m very grateful for my time in Uganda. Grateful for how I grew, learned to appreciate life, learned just how much I love my family (and how much they love me), and learned to survive. Above all, I’m grateful for the people I met along the way, especially the other Peace Corps Volunteers. I can’t wait until they start to end their service and come visit me here. I miss you guys every day.

The gates to the entrance of my new city Loja
On the note of transferring, I’m beginning to write entries for here, but first I have two more important entries I want to write for Uganda. While I enjoy being able to fill in everyone on my life adventures, these entries also serve to help me record stories I never want to forget. SO: two more Uganda entries, then an around-the-world switch! Enjoy! Oh and if you thought my language was bad before… Just wait until you see the downhill affect of throwing yourself into learning Spanish. Dios Mio!

No comments:

Post a Comment